With the ever increase in tax regulations and widening of tax net by the regulators, taxation has become a significant factor in running a viable business. Businesses increasingly find it difficult to keep up to the complex taxation system. We help our clients to identify, minimize and manage their taxes within the corridor and framework of relevant and applicable laws.
We effort to formulate and devise a tax strategy for our clients which is compliant with the law, legitimately reduces the tax bills and yet it does not invite any litigation. This involves a complete understanding of the constantly changing tax laws that offer innumerable tax optimization opportunities in the form of deductions, exemptions and all sorts of claims for losses and expenses.
Our regulatory compliance services ensure that the clients attain a high level of strict tax compliances in the eyes of applicable laws and regulations. We provide a comprehensive range of taxation related services including:
- Strategic tax planning and advisory
- Produce a tax strategy; aligned with company’s business strategy
- Preparation of income tax returns
- Represent our client before the tax authorities including assistance in tax audits by the tax authorities
- Assistance in appeal proceedings and tax litigation support
- Analyze tax implications of financial transactions and advise on mitigating tax approaches
- Registrations with the regulatory bodies like FBR, and other relevant authorities
- Establishing gratuity funds, provident funds and other employee benefit schemes and their approval from tax authorities
We offer comprehensive advice and assistance in all areas of indirect taxes from Sales Tax to Customs to Federal Excise. All this is supported by litigation at every appellate stage. We address fiscal challenges through the core value proposition of management of indirect taxes.
Sales Tax is a tax on value addition, and is levied at all stages of sale, and this makes it a difficult proposition for business. Sales Tax is not just a taxation issue; it spans the entire value addition process. It is collected at the stage of manufacture/resale, and contemplates rebating of tax paid on inputs and purchases. Federal Excise Duty is a levy on the manufacturing sector as well as on services sector. Customs Duty is levied on items imported into Pakistan, various items are exempted from Customs Duty, and at the same time some are levied at higher and lower rates, thus it requires expert advice. We can help our clients in:
- Advice on classification, valuation, applicability of taxes on transactions and admissibility to tax benefits/exemptions
- Opinions on indirect tax issues
- Indirect tax compliance support and outsourcing
- Centralized coordination for tax payments, filing of returns & compilation of documents
- Drafting appeals & submissions
- Appearances & arguments before adjudication & appellate authorities
- Briefing legal counsel on need basis
The constantly changing tax legislations has made it essential for high net worth individuals, owner-managers of businesses, corporate directors and executives to seek expert personal tax advice. We provide bespoke advice on issues ranging from governance to re-organization; and tax planning for all the family-run businesses. We can help in:
- Obtaining National Tax Number (NTN)
- Computation of tax liability to be withheld from monthly salaries, preparation and filing of monthly/annual statements
- Filing of tax returns, certificates etc
- Identifying and advising on the tax planning opportunities available to minimize the tax burden
- Drafting and reviewing employment agreements
- Expatriate taxation is one of the complicated areas of personal taxation. Keeping in view the special requirements for taxation matters relating to expatriates, we provide additional services for entry and exit briefing and assistance in compliance matters and tax equalization workings.